Ten Signs Your Loved One May Need Assisted Living
Top Ten Signs Your Loved One May Need Assisted Living
Deciding to move your loved one into Assisted Living can be challenging. To help you determine what is best for your loved one, we have worked with our professional staff members, family members and residents to come up with several signs that we have seen that could help determine if Assisted Living is right for you. Here are The Top Ten Signs Your Loved One May Need Assisted Living.
- -Simple tasks are becoming more difficult brushing teeth, bathing, combing hair, etc.)
- -Medication errors are happening (forgetting to take their medications or taking too many)
- -Less mobility, falling more often, unknown skin tears and bruises
- -Weight loss and/or lack of appetite
- -Disorganization is more noticeable
- -Loneliness and signs of depression
- -No longer able to drive
- Lack of interest and motivation
- Forgetting more than usual
- Personal appearance and hygiene is lacking
It is important to recognize these signs early and to talk with your loved one about the possibility of Assisted Living. If you wait too long, injuries may occur and you may need additional, more expensive care than Assisted Living. Many times, loved ones don’t understand or have a misconception of what Assisted Living is, what we offer and the home-like environment that we provide. Please encourage your loved one to come and visit our community so he/she can see what we provide. With 3 home-cooked meals a day, medication administration, assistance with showering, dressing and personal care, 24 hour caregivers, private apartments and bathrooms, engaged activities and socialization, we have seen residents ABSOLUTELY THRIVE after moving into our community.
Before making a decision, we welcome you and your loved one to visit our community. We’ll be happy to show you what life in Assisted Living is all about.
Please call Riverway Assisted Living and Memory Care at 801-282-3711 or stop by at 1352 West 11400 South, South Jordan, Utah 84095.
Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/riverwayassistedliving/