Grandparents Day 2019
September 8 is Grandparents Day. This day is one of those that is quite fun and helps us remind our loved ones that we love them and we appreciate all that they have done for us. Just because your loved one may live in assisted living does not mean that they can’t celebrate with you. Here are some things that you can do with your loved one for Grandparents Day. If you have children, try to involve them in the activities so your loved one can spend time with them too.
- Go visit them and bring their favorite treat or snack for them to enjoy.
- Call them and schedule a time to get together for a meal or an activity that you don’t normally do.
- Join them in one of their normal activities. This might be a fun thing for your loved one to show off their family and to spend quality time with you.
- If you don’t live nearby, set up a Skype call with them to catch up and chat.
- If your parents or grandparents have lots of family members that live close by, use Grandparents Day as an excuse to throw a party and get together at a local park, someone’s home, or at the assisted living community your loved one lives at if you arrange it with the administrators there.
Here at Aspen House Assisted Living and Memory Care we love all of our residents here and look forward to getting to know them better. We are so grateful for the contributions that these people have made and for the positive impact they have on all of our lives.